Monday, October 19, 2009

Updates!

Sorry, we've been busy and sleepy!

Here's an updated bump pic:

I'm at 21 weeks, 6 days. It's odd because I don't feel that I look this pregnant in real life, but I must look something like that, right?

Anyway.

I can finally feel movement! It seems to have been a bit delayed due to the whole anterior placenta which I discussed previously, but last night when I was laying in bed reading I started feeling it all of the sudden and it was definitely the Bean moving! It wasn't little flutters or bubbles like I've heard other people describe it. It felt more like the baby was doing full body flips in there or something! His acrobatics continued for about an hour and I've felt it on and off all day today as well.

It's the coolest and strangest feeling at the same time. It's really nice to feel the baby moving around, but at the same time there is a live human in there! You're not supposed to feel movement like that in your belly! Overall, I'm very excited to finally be feeling movement. I feel like I've been waiting forever for this!

Mark and I have been spending a lot of time lately discussing nursery decor and baby names. We are still in the very abstract planning stages of both. We have compiled a "prospect" list for names. Some of them are a little more "out there" than others, but what I we like seems to vary from day to day.

The list so far is as follows:

Liam - this is top of my list, not so much Mark's
Colin
Connor
Jackson - top of my list for the day; We'd call him Jack, or maybe we'd just go with Jack
Cash - I think this is topping Mark's list right now
Noah - probaby my #2 or #3 pick
Cade
Cooper
Joel
Levi
Matthew - my hold up for this one is that it's really common in my opinion

Feel free to comment/add suggestions. We aren't in love with anything yet so it's time to weigh in now!

Aside from the whole growing a human thing which while involuntary seems to be taking up a lot of my time and effort nowadays my adorable niece Kylie just celebrated her 1st birthday last weekend!

She's so cute!

And I made her cakes:

Which I think turned out very cute!

She was very ladylike when she ate her cake and there was no icing in between the fingers or all over the face.

Here's a quick clip because she's so darn adorable:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!