Monday, February 3, 2014

Menu Plan Monday - Week of February 2nd


Another busy weekend in the books!

We were finally able to have Molly's 1st birthday party after having to postpone last weekend due to weather.  Yep, last weekend it was cold and we got like 8 inches of snow.  A few days later we had lows of -25 degrees and then this weekend it was 52 degrees.  Mmmkay.  That's Ohio for you.

Anyway, very busy Friday preparing for the party.  Saturday morning I had another prenatal meeting with my doula client, which went great, then home to frost cupcakes and load up for the party, then off to set up and by the time we actually had the party I was beat.  Hopefully I'll be able to share a few pictures later this week.  Sunday I was going to rest after the busy few days I had, but of course there was plenty of things to keep me busy so it wasn't all that relaxing.  Although, I can't complain too much considering Mark did the grocery store run for me while he was out getting a hair cut.  He rocked the couponing while he was there, stopped by the library to pick up my holds, and brought me a McDonald's sweet tea.  Niiice!  Even if I was at home doing laundry at least I was able to wear yoga pants all day :D

My house is still a mess.  Am I the only person whose house is a mess for days after a birthday?  The kitchen is of course in shambles and it always takes me a few dishwasher cycles to catch up on dishes, and there's the decor to figure out what to do with, and the new birthday gifts that need a home.  I'm supposed to be hosting a play date on Wednesday so I'd better start getting the house back in order!  We're also anticipating a snow storm Tuesday night so we might not be hosting a play date after all.

And now that Molly's party is behind us I'm rolling right into planning mode for Jack's birthday later this month.  Don't get me wrong, I love celebrating my babies, but I will be very, very happy once all the party planning/preparation/hosting is out of the way until next year!

Here's what we're eating this week:


Sunday:  Apps for the Superbowl

Monday:  Leftovers

Tuesday:  Mexican Black Beans (Crock Pot) with Cilantro-Lime Rice

Wednesday:  Loaded Baked Potato Soup

Thursday:  Leftovers/Freezer Meal

Friday:  Out

Saturday:  Out/Apps


I'm linked at Menu Plan Monday hosted by OrgJunkie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!