Monday, August 18, 2014

Menu Plan Monday - Week of August 17th (and updates!)



I can't believe it's mid-August and we're gearing up for back to school!  This whole summer seems to be just flying by, but I guess that's nothing new.  Time seems to pass so quickly right now.

Jack will be attending preschool 3 mornings a week starting in just a couple of weeks and it's going to be quite a change for us!  I know he will love it considering how much he looked forward to the 2 afternoons a week he attended preschool last year, but it's weird that he will be gone so much and it's also going to be strange having so many of our days taken up by school.  I know Molly is going to miss Jack so much while he is at school, but hopefully she will learn to enjoy some one-on-one time with me!

Miss Molly is 18-months going on about 3-years-old in her head.  She's talking so much and saying a handful of new words every day.  She runs with the big kids and definitely doesn't think she's any younger or smaller than they are.  When we're at the park people often ask me how old she is and are surprised when I say 18-months because she does act quite a bit older than some other 18-month-olds!

Molly recently discovered the joy of reading books (well, having people read books to her.  She's so stubbornly independent that although she has always taken a strong interest in books she preferred to sit and "read" by herself rather than allow anyone to read to her.  She would sit and flip through books, babbling and chattering away, but only within the last month or so is she interested in letting us read to her.  Such a contrast to baby Jack!) and we spend a good portion of our days reading book after book (or sometimes the same book over and over, of course :)  She's partial to Big Red Barn, as was Jack at this age.)  And I just introduced chapter books to Jack and he's a fan!  We started reading the Magic Tree House series, so much fun!

With school looming we have been trying to pack a lot of fun into the unseasonably cool days we have had!  Lots of play time with friends, trips to the park, the zoo, and other fun places and events around town!

Pictured: Park play with friends, Jack's (and Puppy's) first visit to the dentist (he did awesome!), pig tails!, sunnies!, zoo (Molly is enthralled with the aquarium), Headstand Challenge, making pickles, and Cheeeese! face.

The kids have me constantly on my toes and I've had a steady stream of clients keeping me busy with birthwork.  I buckled down this past week and finished up some outstanding tasks for my doula certification and then spent time this weekend compiling all my paperwork.  So close to being able to mail out my completed packet to request certification!


Here's what we're eating this week:


Sunday:  Grilled Burgers with Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Monday:  Mom's night out for me!  I'll make Homemade Pizza before I go.

Tuesday:  Veggie Enchiladas with Mexican Rice (from the freezer)

Wednesday:  Corn Fritatta with Caprese Salad

Thursday:  Leftovers

Friday:  Out

Saturday:  Out


I'm linked at Menu Plan Monday hosted by OrgJunkie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!