Friday, April 3, 2015

Week of March 29th

What a week!

First, I can't believe it's Friday already or that it's APRIL!  Clearly I have completely lost concept of time.

Last weekend was pretty packed with doula work and because I was gone most of the weekend very little progress got done on the bathroom.  Whomp, whomp.  I'm hopeful for this weekend, but we'll see.

We have to get things finished because we're under contract on a house (!!!) {those aren't really 'excited' exclamation points, they're more 'what are we thinking' exclamation points.}  I haven't even mentioned it up to this point because I was very cautiously optimistic about things working out.  I'm still very cautiously optimistic, but it's becoming a little more real so... yeah.  Probably time to accept that its happening!  I'm not exactly excited yet.  There's a mountain of crap that needs to be completed before I can get from where I am now to excited.  It's going to be a crazy few months, but, theoretically, it will be worth it.

There's just SO much to do and worry about and so little time or energy to complete anything.  People do this all the time right?  I remember buying our first/current house as such a grand adventure.  The stress of selling a house, moving, and taking care of kids really cramps the fun the second time around.

One project that DID get accomplished this week was removing the tape from around our sliding glass door.  2 1/2 redonkulous hours of scraping and scrubbing and picking off tiny bits of tape at a time all while inhaling Goo Gone fumes and generally hating my life THE TAPE IS GONE!

I'm well aware you can see nothing in this picture, it's not very impressive in real life, but with the amount of work and frustration that went into this project it seemed like it was only fair to commemorate its completion with a picture.

The most insulting part is it's not like it was a rewarding project with a satisfying outcome, there's just an absence of tape now that's no longer there to annoy me.  Anyway, I'm glad that's done.  On to the next fun project.



Other recent highlights:


Herself at an impromptu dinner out.




We don't take the kids to restaurants all that often, but when we do we are always so happy with how well they behave and how enjoyable it actually is.  They behave so well because they love to eat so they're happy with food placed in front of them.  We were there eating for close to an hour and a half as both kids finished every scrap of food on their plates.



Jack's school pictures.


Adorbs!



I've been zoodling.


Love it!  Of course I'm the only one in the house who does... more zoodles for me!



And in other pretty food for the week:

Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Tacos

Love the colors.


Annnd this just made my day: DJ And Kimmy Are All Grown Up In The New ‘Full House’ Spinoff


Menu for the week:


Sunday:  Out

Monday:  Breakfast for dinner

Tuesday:  Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Tacos with Fiesta Lime Rice

Wednesday:  Grilled Brats with Cheesy Potatoes

Thursday:  Leftovers

Friday & Saturday: Out



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!